Friday, September 08, 2006



Gondolas, Gondolas, and what...oh yeah more Gondolas! Venice is unique and the street performers love to rip off tourists. Yes, we fell for their tricks and I wanted to beat someone up over a lousy 5 Euro. Well you live and learn. When we arrived in Venice it was difficult because we were coming down with "PID, a.k.a. Post Interlaken Depression", but after a few scoops of Gelato and several lovely strolls down the canals we were back on track, well sort of... Venice is unlike any city we have ever experienced, there is water everywhere and all of the buildings are beautiful and untouched by modernism. The gondolas were a sight to see and the gondoliers belting out Italian love songs while playing the accordian were ultimatly romantic. We opted for a few photo and decided against the 90 +Euro prices for a ride. Plus, why pay when you can just drink some Chianti and watch?
Meandering channels and a seemingly infinite number of bridges contributed to an adventure we will never forget. The Italians in Venice were sincerely accomodating to our broken and almost disgusting attempts at their mother language, Italiano. Our Italian phrase book works wonders to say the least( plus Sam has a great smile, especially when she wants something lol...)
We decided to camp in Venice. Actually we were suprised with the campground...I'd rather have a million mosquito bites( which is about how many I have) than one nasty bed bug bite. Camping is a change of pace and we get to stay for alot cheaper.If any of you decide you want to contribute to the Sam and Brad World Fund, call us and we'll give you our routing number.
We would also like to thank all of you for leaving us comments, they TRULY mean sooooo much to us. We look forward to them and read each one over and over cause WE MISS ALL OF YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This rtip is amazing and we have met some awesome people but all of our friends and family back home are the best in the WORLD, so please keep reading and writing...We love you, from the most Gondola-d -out place on earth-Sam and Brad

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi My Sweets,
It was so great to hear your voice this afternoon. You both look amazing! THE PICTURE IS UNREAL.I do not understand how they built those buildings on the water like that. Truly a site to behold I bet! Camping sounds ......fun :)
Anything in Italy has to be amazing.
It sounds like every place you go is more amazing then the next. How will you ever be able to choose a favorite??? I have to admit I never thought I would want to fly oversea's but you two have me conviced I need to do it!!
Keep making such great memories!!!
I love them all!

Love Mom

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds like a fantastic trip thus far. I can't believe you guys jumped out of a perfectly functioning aircraft. Off the 90 for sure. Miss you guys much, Sunday fundays aren't the same w/out you..
-living vicariously through you.
a.k.a. mike

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

I am soo sorry that my messages are soo few and far between. I can not believe that you two jumped out of an airplane, and Sam, You jumped out of a helicopter first. Both of u are crazy. Anyway, I will be in touch alot this week, I go in for surgery on my sinuses tomorrow and will be laid up for a week. Hopefully I will be able to smell after this surgery. I really miss bowling for my own farts, he he he ... I really miss both of you, y'all look lie you are having an amazing trip. Drop me a call anytime this week, I would love to here from you. p.s. Julie is now a kindergarten teacher in a brand new school in Huntley. She started this week and is really exited , and busy. Evan is right here and he wanted me to tell you that it looks really cool jumping out of a plane and he hopes he will see you soon. Well keep on truckin and always be safe like I know you will and are. I love you guys.


Brother Mike

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Did you guys notice that your sky diving guide is holding up the schocker on that first photo ? That is totally hillarious.

love ya
Brother Mike

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home