Thursday, November 16, 2006


Our beautiful and oh so gracious host, Indu. Thanks Indu!!!!



Jodhpur, India November 14-16, 2006

You should be proud of us....you are currently almost up to speed with everything!!!!!! Sure, sure we have spent the last 3 days on the internet catching up, but we finally found a broadband connection, and it is only 40 Rs an hour which is equal to $1. US dollar!!!!!! We arrived from an overnight train at 6 a.m. The rickshaw Mafia is alive and well..WE had the most difficult time trying to get to our guesthouse, but when we finally arrived (after Brad let out the Leo within him, and opened up a can of you- know- what on the rickshaw driver), the wait was worth every second. This place is gorgeous: a huge rooftop patio, the most friendly hosts Lokeesh and Indu in all of India, a spectacular view of the majestic Meherangarh Fort, and home cooked meals that would make our Mom's sooo happy!!!! Indu made us keep eating and Brad's belly grew to unforseen proportions, kinda like Buddha.He seriously passed out after eating soo much, I just laughed and farted....but still no Delhi Belly!
The colors, tastes, and aromas of this city linger and tease our senses for hours. Spices fill the air and shops, and the constant smiles of children contribute to the natural euphoria that India induces. We got caught up in a traditional Muslim wedding that was giong on in the streets. We were literally pulled and yanked into the center of spazmic trancelike dancers and they began dancing around us and forcing us to go wild...which we did...as they say "when in Rome"... What a blast!!!!! Love from the most spazmic- dancerish city on earth-Sam and Brad

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well as a mom I am proud!!Home cooking WOW!!
The colors are amazing of the clothing. Glad you are caught up!
Looks like more fun then racing rapids..te he!!
Take it all in!

Love you both!
Love Mom

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date. I ecspecially liked the personal e-mail. Don't feel obligated I know how it is plus i know your writting a journal entry to me every day right? Ha Ha! I do love and miss you guys but am way happier knowing your on your trip of a life time. I think it's great your going to continue your trip. Let me know when you're going to be in central America I might just be there. I got to see the most amazing thing last week my sister gave birth to her new baby boy Kaitaro. I got to watch the birth it was by far the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Though your pictures of Africa are definitly award winning. Well I figured your plans would change along with yourselves on your trip. I just want you to know no matter where you guys end up I'll be there to visit and of course you always have a place to stay. Hey if you run outa money let me know hopefully I'll have lots to give you when the time comes. I'm just so happy for you guys and love your blog it's amazing just like you guys. love you love you I'll keep in touch. lindo

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home