Thursday, November 16, 2006






Jaisalmer, India November 12, 2006
We had the damnest time trying to get a train ticket from Delhi to Jaisalmer, for some reason everyone kept claiming that it was impossible....yeah right, we don't buy that BS...We took a 20 1/2 hour train and made it to Jaisalmer safely and full! The food in India is the best food we have ever had. It is a vegetarian paradise here!!!!
Jaisalmer is a cozy little town in the state of Rajasthan, and is @ 100 miles from the Pakistan border. It is in the Thar desert and it glows in the sun. Everything is made of sandstone in this golden prize of a city. Indian culture thrives here and the people are charming and inviting. The Jain Temples located within the Jaisalmer Fort walls mezmerized our feeble minds and briefly took our breath away. Unlike anything we have ever seen. The delicate carvings within the sanstone temples pictorialized their ancient religion of Jainism and captivated our imaginations.
We saw yet another enthralling sunset, this time, over the Thar Desert at Sunset Point, while we were serenaded by a local Indian musician. Our new friend Karrim, took us to dinner and we dined on the freshest Indian cuisine around. Delicious. We loved everything about Jaislemar, and could not be happier with our choice to endure the long journey through Rajasthan to arrive in this magical place. India is everything we could ever imagined and so, so much more.
P.S. They think that I am famous and keep begging me for my picture...kinda cool. I just tell them my name is Britney.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh MY Gosh Darn Golly!!
I thought yesterday's pics were great.
Blowing me away!
You just called me and I missed it :'(
I can tell you spent 6 hours on this.
Simply amazing! I love and I mean love the pictures! This will really make one great conversation book for everyone!! Something for you to share over and over again with the world!
Love you so much!!
Love Mom!!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Samantha and Brad,
Remember me, Dawn, your mom's neighbor? Or Barney's baby sitter?I have been blessed to travel the world with the two of you! My God, the photo's are beautiful. And your story telling visually takes me where you are and have been. I just wanted to let you know, I have been following your extrodinary trip and wish you all the best in your adventures to come. Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!
Dawn

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in awe of your experience thus far! The pictures are amazing...your storytelling is fabulous!

Aimee

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam and Brad!
I am So So So HAPPY you are in India and you are enjoying yourselves. You are right when you said you have to look past certain things in order to see real beauty!! Your pictures are so awesome and your journals are excellent as well! You are real go-getters to be doing India on your own…I tip my hat to you. After being in South Africa for five weeks I am sure you can do anything. Take care and good luck using their transportation. Don't you LOVE Jaisalmer! Are you staying inside the fort? Lindsay

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home